Tuesday 18 March 2008

New play table


I have been wanting to create a play area or table for Alex for a while but not really done much about it till now. He is at the age where he likes to create little scenarios and prefers standing up to making them on the floor. I noticed him gravitating to playing on tables etc at pre-school recently so decided that now was the time to get on with it. I braved Ikea (why do I always go only when heavily pregnant??) and bought a Lack coffee table for £11.50 and some cardboard boxes (4 for £10) and hey presto a new play table with some storage for his toys underneath. It doesn't take up much room and it can be used as a grown up coffee table when he is too old to need a play table. I sorted out his toys into boxes: cooking and food, wooden blocks, lego blocks and cardboard boxes and tubes (for making things) and they all get stored underneath. His paper and art stuff slots down at the back next to the wall and out of sight. All very neat and tidy (essential in a small house!).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This looks like the perfect solution and totally reusable once he's grown out of it - funny how little people like to stand at a table to play I notice it in the Reception Class opposite my office in the school where I work