Wednesday 2 July 2008

Little Baby Sister is here at last!


Apologies for the lack of posts for 3 months! First a PC meltdown then I spent the month of May in hospital as a scan revealed I had polyhydramnios and the baby was at risk. Further scans revealed she might need bowel surgery at birth so it was all a bit traumatic but baby Isabelle was born fit and healthy at 8lbs on 22 May by c section. Shewas in th SCBU for a while just in case but we came home together a week later. She is doing well and 6 weeks old tomorrow. Older brother Alex coped v well with being separated from me despite being in the middle of potty training and getting chicken pox on top of everything. I on the other hand missed him like mad and sobbed hysterically everytime he came to visit me on the ward. We have never been apart for more than a few hours before! It was all pretty horrendous but having spent the month with plenty of seriously premature babies I know we are the lucky ones.

Will postagain when I have more time ie when Isabelle naps for longer! Anyway I leave you with a cute photo and fond regards!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to this wonderful world little girl - well done mum - and what a lovely big brother too!

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Welcome to the world...what a wounderful surprise, I new, well I guess something was wrong and I was quite worried about you, I know you have been through a rough time BUT look what you came away with...May you enjoy motherhood with a new babe, I wish you and your family a wounderful future togther...