Monday 3 December 2007

Christmas is coming....slowly


Well, so far we have done very little Christmas shopping, mainly because I hate shopping at the best of times and right now the crowds are unbearable. I did manage to get some panettone and stollen cake for some friends. I am getting my Mum another Oxfam Unwrapped gift this year. Last year I bought 100 school dinners for kids in Africa and a training programme for a community nurse for her/on her behalf plus a couple of handmade goodies. She absolutely loved the idea. Dad is getting a foodie hamper from us with a selection of local produce. Chris - I still have no idea although he is getting a celebratory meal, DVD and some cava for his birthday (24th Dec). Alex is getting a wooden train set and some bits and pieces in his stocking.


I am itching to put all our Christmas decorations up but Chris insists on waiting till next weekend. I think all the twinkly lights make the house so cosy and special. Just take a look at Soule Mama's beautiful cosy home. I love that the Americans put theirs up straight after Thanksgiving. I have been looking for ornaments in the local charity shops but I think everyone else has had the same idea as there are none to be seen. I did find the one below sometime in the summer and the little snowman and santa noughts and crosses game at a car boot sale.


Craft wise I am planning to make a stocking for Alex but that will have to come after the embroidered felt Christmas hearts I am hoping to make for my closest girl friends. I am hoping to try a button wreath sometime but it depends whether I can find the right glue anywhere. Alex and I made glittery pine cones at a friend's house last week and I really want to make some more but I can't find any glitter at the moment as it seems to be sold out everywhere!


No comments: