Tuesday 18 December 2007

Fabric Frenzy



I may not have had much energy to do any crafting of late but I have managed to pick up some great fabric in the local charity(thrift) shops recently. I never buy new fabric anymore apart from the odd bit of felt and stuffing. On my budget charity shops are definitely the way to go. Table cloths, sheets and pillowcases tend to be my best buys - none of the above cost more than £2.00. The pink and green tablecloth/throw is very Christmassy but I don't want to cut into it. It would make a great bedspread as it is. My Mum has an old pine cabin bed lurking in her attic somewhere and I want to use it for Alex when he is a bit older. This would go great with that - very Alpine and rustic. (I'm half Swiss so I love Alpine style even if it is twee!) Talking of things Alpine - I must find a copy of Heidi to read to Alex. I loved that book soooo much when I was little. Still do.

3 comments:

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Oh lovely fabric...Great buys...go on be a devil and cut into it!!!!

Unknown said...

I agree with you the green and pink is gorgeous - just needs some pillowcases with crocheted filet lace edging and a cross-stitch band on them to bring it right into Sound of Music country :o)

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Just popping in to say I hope you had a great Christmas...Love to you and yours...
Suzie Sews