Wednesday 9 January 2008

Inspiration

One of my main sources of inspiration for a lot of things; mothering, photography, cooking, creating and much much more is Amanda of the awe inspiring Soule Mama blog.

I have ordered her book (due out in April) about nurturing creativity and connections within the family and I cannot wait to get my hands on it. I think she has such a wonderful attitude to life and family in particular and she manages to convey this in a beautiful way on her blog. Her writing is wonderful - she has such a way with words and her photography is also stunning. I am sure she too has piles of ironing and days where she feels overwhelmed but her attitude of count all your blessings and appreciate the here and now is something I strongly believe in.

One thing I would love to copy her by is to give up our family TV. However Chris is not keen at all (he gets home so late from work all he can do is zonk out in front of the TV for half an hour before bed!) but he has compromised with the idea of one day a week being telly free for the whole family. We are thinking about getting back into playing cards or chess instead.

I just wanted to do a quick mention of her fabulous bird calendars that she made with her family and sent out as Chrismas gifts - take a look at Soule Mama. I am just amazed by such a great idea but also the quality of the end product. I think we might be trying a few of these ourselves next Christmas.

1 comment:

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Ahhh the wounderful Amanda, I think she is all our inspiration, I adore her work and I think as she is one of the first bloggers of our kind she is who we all aspire to be like. I encourage you to get rid of your telly for just one week, I bet hubby will go mad at first, but after the week, yes I am sure TV will return (ours is still with us) but after the conversations, time togther you will really be pleased you did, it changes the dynamics of family life.
Suzie Sews
PS Just read over this...it sounds a little bossy...be assured it is not meant that way, but you know that...right?