Monday 22 October 2007

My Weekend

Feeling very very sick and very very tired at the moment - I guess at almost 8 weeks my symptoms have really started to kick in. Hence a quick resume type post is about all I can manage this morning.

My Weekend:

Friday night: first night out since December 2006 (yes I can't believe it either) - dinner with my three closest girlfriends. Lovely. Got home at 11.30 pm and almost keeled over with tiredness.

Saturday morning: a walk around Hatfield Forest and Alex fed the ducks and ate an ice cream.

Saturday afternoon: an afternoon nap.

Saturday evening: I watched Amelie again. I had forgotten just how much I love this film. I love the music, the oddball characters, the tiny details, the colours, the romance, the narrator - just everything about it. It is a perfectly crafted jewel. I have a Very Long Engagement on DVD on loan which is made by the same team but I still haven't manage to stay awake long enough to watch it. (I am going to bed ridiculously early these days)

Sunday morning: breakfast and the papers and playing village building with Alex.

Sunday afternoon: visiting my parents house and meeting up with my brother over from Boston for the week and my darling nephews Tom and Hamish. Telling the family our good news. Even though it's early days it seems I would rather they knew after all.

Sunday evening: early to bed with Sebastien Faulks new novel Human Traces. Lights out by 9pm!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You don't need me to tell you that you're tired because such monumental things are happening inside your body - just go with the flow and take the chance to sleep while you can - the mundane things will always wait :o)