Tuesday 4 September 2007

Introductions


Well hello and welcome.

My name is Ruth, and this is my blog. I am a mother first and foremost and this blog is going to be about my family, my home, my travels and life in general.

I live with my partner Chris and my son Alex who is two this summer. We had to wait a long time for our boy and it was a hard and rocky road before he arrived in July 2005. We battled with infertility and miscarriage but I am one of the lucky ones. I had my son and I adore being a mother. Even the tough bits are worth it. I am completely and hopelessly crazy about my boy. He is such a great kid, happy, easy going, cute, funny. He is the most important thing in my life so will probably rabit on about him all the time!

Before I had Alex I worked in travel and tourism and was lucky enough to spend a lot of time travelling overseas. I have always had wanderlust and even now I am a mother there is nothing I like more than heading off for the weekend somewhere by the sea. I love this beautiful planet of ours and I love geography. I have a huge collection of maps, travel books and guide books and I love to see and experience new places. I still work part time two days a week for a travel company to pay the bills.

Things that make me especially happy are; the seaside, beach huts, summer, campervans, fabric, handmade stuff, colours, and especially my son's little sandy toes at the beach - hence the name Summer and Sandy Toes.

No comments: