Monday 10 September 2007

Not a Domestic Goddess


I am not what you would call a domestic goddess. I try but I am a bit too relaxed (lazy?) to be a Martha Stewart type. I would rather play with Alex than do domestic chores and I would rather be outside than stuck indoors. I can cook sort of. I make decent casseroles and salads, a great cottage pie and soups. I am trying to eat healthily and I always make all our own meals from scratch. The one thing I don't do is bake. Mainly because both Chris and I have a weakness for cakes and biscuits so I try not to have any in the house. However this weekend after getting fed up with the overflowing fruit bowl I decided to make banana loaf cake a la Delia Smith. It is the easiest recipe and very quick. And the result - gooey gorgeous banana cake. Next up Norwegian Apple Cake.

No comments: