Monday 17 September 2007

If you go down to the woods today....



..you'll find Alex and me hanging out under the trees and feeding the ducks. Chris was away in Amsterdam at a gig at the weekend so Alex and I had time to just potter about and enjoy each others company. This past weekend was gorgeous. The sun was shining, there was a fresh breeze (autumn is on the way) and the light had that clear blue intensity that you get in the winter.

Alex and I went to feed the ducks down at the old ford in a nearby village on Saturday morning and in the afternoon we made banana loaf together before heading down the lane for another walk. We spent the evening listening for owls and we even saw a fox cross the field at dusk. The fox is now called Olga after the fox in Cluck O Clock. On Sunday morning it was a quick trip to a local car boot sale for some wooden toys (see previous posts). In the late afternoon we went to the forest for a long walk around the lake, some monkeying about in the trees and some more duck feeding.

I love these weekends. I am happiest when I am outside somewhere wild and peaceful. I think Alex is the same.

No comments: